First CUSY Roundtable open-discussion forum
Friday, October 22nd, 2010
5:00pm WLH 006
The CUSY Roundtable, always an open platform for original ideas and vibrant thoughts notwithstanding, usually spares very little time for our participants to exert their intellectual prowess within the hour. This week CUSY Roundtable shall put forth a tentative first trial in creating more room for debate and discussion.
Featuring this week:
刘晓波@诺贝尔:和平奖的罪与罚
For this week's meeting, I shall prepare a brief introduction on this subject--after which everyone is welcome to provide their own interpretations or suggestions. Rest assured, our conversations may not make a tangible difference on current situations,but keep in mind that active exchanges of nuanced thought always serve as the best stimulant for mind and soul. I for one have always found my high school education extremely lacking in healthy discussions on important, especially contemporary issues, and for all of you who have thoughts you would like to share on this topic, or want to develop a deeper understanding of the issue, or simply want to hear what others have to say as a source of inspiration for the self, this is the perfect opportunity to drop by and absorb.
Before we meet in glorious conversation, there is one thing that I can never stress enough: please keep in mind that WE AGREE TO DISAGREE. Know in advance that everyone has different backgrounds, experiences and values; know that the goal of CUSY, and the CUSY Roundtable, is never to promote propaganda or to demonstrate any single person's extraordinary intelligence. We converge to share, to learn, and to discover mutual inspiration. No matter how radically the opposite any two people may find their opinions be, they must understand that animosity should never arise as the result of their differences.
These are the basics I want to let known before the event takes place. Again tea and refreshments will be served, and I hope to see you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment